Job Opening: Senior Project Officer, USAID project, WWF-Vietnam
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environment issues and implemented field activities across the country.
WWF-Vietnam is part of WWF-Greater Mekong which operates in 5 countries: Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/.
We are looking for Vietnamese experienced candidates for the position of: Senior Project Officer, USAID project
Base location: Phu Quoc, Kien Giang
Major functions: The Senior Project Officer is in charge of the field implementation of activities and projects/ programs, in Phu Quoc island, that he/ she is assigned to in compliance to donor’s and WWF’s requirements/ policies, with good quality (as working conditions allows) in a timely manner.
Currently, the Senior Project Officer is assigned to the USAID project “Phu Quoc – Towards a Plastic Waste Free Island in Vietnam” that will be started in April 2018; and it is subjected to changes depending on fund availability under the program
Key requirements for the role include:
– Bachelor degree or preferably Master degree or higher degree in fields related to Waste management or Waste treatment technology, Natural resources management, Environmental science, technology or biology
– Proven experiences in planning and implementation of GO and NGO’s projects
– Experiences in working or liaison with GO and NGO bodies (e.g protected area, national park), and working in multi-stakeholders settings
– Good understanding of the Mekong Delta, Phu Quoc and issues related to: conservation, climate adaptation, waste management, waste treatment, environmental protection and communication for changes
– Can-do attitude and result-oriented communication mind-set
– Organising / planning and problem-solving skills
– Communication skills on behavior change
– Good research, presentation, training skills, report writing skills
– Fluency in written and spoken English
How to apply
Detailed Job Descriptions for the position is posted on http://vietnam.panda.org/ en/about_us/jobs/ and as attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificatesto rec ruitment.vn@wwfgreatermekong. org, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by 29th March 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”